Luxurious Décor and Gifts with a Cape Quarter Difference
Cape Town is a retail paradise, filled with quirky shops and luxury boutiques and nowhere more so than in the delightful suburb of De Waterkant.
Here you will find the Baraka Gift and Décor shop, nestled in the Cape Quarter Piazza. This trendy treasure trove of delights takes gift-shopping to an entirely new level with a range of one-of-a-kind items especially sourced for those who are in need of something a little different.
At Baraka, the quest is over for that unique something to set tongues wagging. Here you will encounter the kind of token that causes gasps of amazement and delight when unwrapped, and is unlikely to suffer the indignity of re-gifting.
If you are on the hunt for something personal to give your humble decor a boost, an inspiring piece to add a burst of interest to a favourite room or a gift to surpass all others – head for this luxury Cape Town collection of bizarre and fascinating delights.
Browse to your hearts content and you will come across:
- Unusual and irreverent posters and realistic prints of Cape Town landscapes, both framed and unframed
- Postcards and greeting cards with a tongue-in-cheek twist
- An unmatched accumulation of high-quality scarves and shawls from all over the world, in every shade and pattern
- Visually appealing and functional vintage homeware
- Hand-woven Panama hats all the way from Ecuador
- Genuine leather-bound diaries and journals made by a local craftsman
- Recycled and upcycled everything, like teaspoons made of seashells, and jewellery crafted from bicycle tires
- Vintage comic books straight from the 70s, 80s and 90s
- Unconventional ceramics and extraordinary earthenware
- Afro-centric curios with a difference, all hand-made and authentic
- Unique renditions of South African art by well-known as well as yet undiscovered artists
- A price range which varies from just R10 to R45 000 an item
The proprietors of this den of eccentricity, Gavin Terblanche and Belteshazzar Raubenheimer, have scoured the planet in search of gifts and décor to make you look good and you don’t even have to visit the shop to make your selection.
Most of these delightful items are available online at their virtual store, although a visit to this inspirational collection for a browse and a chat is an inimitable Cape Town luxury not to be missed.
Cape Town Magazine